The Princess Margaret Hospital (TPMH), was opened in 1959 and is situated at the foot of the Port Hills, in the south of Christchurch on Cashmere Road, near the intersection with Hackthorne Road.
A number of inpatient, outpatient, and day-patient mental health services are provided at The Princess Margaret Hospital site. Inpatient service includes the Rehabilitation Service (Seager Clinic) which moved from Hillmorton Hospital to The Princess Margaret Hospital site. This service is located on the ground floor of The Heathcote Building. Seager Clinic provides extensive care for people assessed as having a significant disorder arising from an established diagnosis of psychiatric illness and who require intensive support.
A number of specialty mental health services, some inpatient and some outpatient, are clustered in C Block of the main building of The Princess Margaret Hospital, this is a single-storey building immediately to the left of the Hospital’s main entrance.
Older person’s health
The Canterbury DHB Older Persons Health & Rehabilitation Community Teams are based in the Heathcote Building.